Thursday, March 25, 2010

two : i want to believe when you tell me that it will be ok

Song: Tomorrow, Avril Lavigne


*Julie’s POV*

All of this was starting to hit me. I was jealous of Anna and Ryan. Kids. They were as happy as ever, and I didn’t feel like I had that with Carey. I loved him with my whole heart, but something was missing.

I sat cross legged on the bed of his hotel room while he got his things ready to head back to Montreal. You could see how much it was bothering him, how much he was hurting. Even the black eye was getting worse.

I sat up on my knees and grabbed his arm to stop him. I put my hand on his eye and he winced in pain.

“Why?” I finally said.

“What?”

“Why can’t we have what they have?”

“What are you talking about baby?” he said quietly reaching over for my hand.

I felt my skin tingle under his touch and I just looked down at his hand in mine, “Kids, marriage soon, they have it all. We’ve been together for 4 years, and we don’t have anything close to what they have”

“I love you Jules, everything about you, with everything I have…”

“I love you too”

“Then stop doubting us, we’ll have our time. I want a family with you, and it will soon come, okay? I promise. Don’t fret, I hate seeing you upset”

“Why were you fighting?” I asked him, “I thought you guys were friends?”

“Everything just got way too personal” he sighed.

I just frowned, “we’re friends with them though. We always have been, what’s changed?”

“A lot has changed” he said.

“Why?”

“Things change Jules. It’s life. I’m sorry how it happened, but I’m not sorry for what I said. He really pissed me off”

I just sat back down on the bed and sighed. He stopped what he was doing and sat down beside me. I just felt his hand graze my cheek and I got goosebumps. After all this time together he still made me weak in the knees.

*Carey’s POV*

I could see how much she was hurting, but I didn’t know what I was supposed to say. This whole thing with Ryan really put her over the edge, and the whole idea of a family, after seeing Anna and Ryan, really excited me. At the same time, it scared the shit out of me.

I just tucked a piece of hair behind her ear while I watched her stare into space. I didn’t like what this was doing to her.

“Jules?“ she finally turned her head and a small smile appeared on her lips, “I think you need to stay here and get some sleep. You can take a flight back tomorrow”

“I’m not going unless I’m going with you”

“Sweetie, you’re absolutely exhausted. Sleep, come home tomorrow, plus, we have a game tomorrow night”

“Are you playing?”

“I doubt on back to back games, plus I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m blamed for that loss…”

“You didn’t lose that game” she said, “they lost that game. You played your ass off and made 40 amazing saves ok? Don’t blame yourself”

“We just let them--”

“Hey. I will not sit here and watch you beat yourself up for that. Do not say ‘we’, because you played hard, they played hard until the last two minutes when it counted. When you deserved a shutout”

I just sighed. I knew she meant well but after all that there wasn’t a whole lot that convinced me otherwise. I keep thinking “what if”. What if I had done one little thing different that have changed the course of the game? Maybe I would have gotten a shutout. Maybe we would have won.

“What are you thinking about?” she asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

“What if…”

“Don’t start that on me again” she huffed, “maybe you’re right. Maybe I’ll just sleep here and see you tomorrow, it’s not a long drive. You go with whoever it is you go with to the bus, I’ll take the car back”

“Ok…”

“I love you Carey, don’t forget that”

I just leaned down and gently placed my lips on hers, “Never. I love you too”

“I’ll see you in Montreal. I’ll stop by before the game ” she said.

“See you then” I gently smiled in her direction and was out the door. I didn’t like leaving her like that, but I had to go. I just hoped everything that happened didn’t change things between us. I wouldn’t be able to stand losing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment